Thursday, July 31, 2014

My Favorite Celebration

I love birthdays. I love Harry Potter. I love J.K. Rowling for creating Harry Potter. I'm glad to share my birthday month with her and Harry. (Mines July 20th, theirs are today, July 31rst.)
Happy birthday Joanne Rowling.
Happy birthday Harry James Potter.
They say love is this, and love is that,
but for me, love has always been the only word strong enough, only emotion real enough, to express what those seven books mean to me.
For every hand not reached out to me,
For every friend I didn't have,
For every emotion I couldn't describe,
For the magic of life I required assistance to see,
For every word too thick to block out,
For every laugh, cry, smile
and
every little thing in-between,
you were there, little black words etched onto parchment like ants crawling a yellowed picnic blanket, waiting with open arms to catch me every time I stumbled.
Over, and over, and over again.
When this world gets too hard, when this world becomes too much, when everything becomes too much of something and anything isn't a possibility; it's then, and during the good days, too, that only one thing is reliable: your series.
When my friends aren't there, Harry, Ron, and Hermione are.
When I can't smile, when I am too empty, too tired, too this, too that I never lose hope.
Once you've found what you've been looking for, hope stays, it becomes permanent and folds its wings down, tucks them away. Because they, those books written by a woman "thank you" isn't sufficient enough for, they are the flame once extinguished on the candle we call life, and it is they we make our wishes on.
This is love.
Thank you, Joanne Rowling, for everything you have given to us. 
Nothing can compare to what those books did in shaping our lives.
Nothing.
Happy Birthday.
Aiman
xoxoxo always

[***bolder part indicates portion added on February 9, 2015; original from July 31, 2014] 

2 comments:

  1. You are an amazing writer mA mA! I absolutely love this! ❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aiman!! I love all the Harry Potter series too <3 When you guys come over, we'll watch one of the movies, inshAllah. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi guys! I make sure to read each and every comment I receive- thank you for your love. x Aiman