Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Mockingjay Part 1

Last Thursday, the twentieth, I saw Mockingjay and was super ecstatic, of course, to view the film I'd waited so long for! I enjoyed it immensely, because you always do when it's your favorite book being portrayed on screen since a movie is such a different, crazy transformation. I thought it was good in a different way than Catching Fire- it was more emotionally rich, very intense and beautiful and dramatic. It wasn't on-the-surface-dumb-enjoyment; you had to actually be into the series/pay attention to the movie to grasp it all. And because it was so special, my outfit had to be, too, right?!


Hijab (headscarf): can be found at any department store // Shoes: Steve Maddens // Top + Belt: mum's closet :) // Gold Bracelet: Unknown // Bottoms: JCPenney

I was actually going to wear this outfit a few weeks ago, but then I thought it would be perfect for the 21rst, Mockingjay's release. I always wear orange on THG movie days; can you guess why? I'll leave the answer down below. Since I ended up going the 20th, I wore it then, and I had so much fun repping one of my favorite series while being comfortable while doing so. Leave a comment below telling me what you thought of Mockingjay Part 1, or what your plans are to see it if you haven't already! 

I never thought I'd see it the premiere day (something always happens to prevent me from going the day it comes out; the past two movies I saw a few days after they were released, and you can bet I was a bit upset about it) but what can I say? Life is spontaneously splendid.
Aiman xo 

[Answer: Orange is my favorite character, Peeta Mellark's, favorite color.] 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi guys! I make sure to read each and every comment I receive- thank you for your love. x Aiman