Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas + Guest Blogging + BIC Products Review!

Book: Throne of Glass
Author: Sarah J. Maas
Genre: YA fiction, fantasy
Here's some thoughts on this blue beauty and BIC's fabulous products. Scroll through, and get your hot drinks (or cold, if it's nice enough!) ready. Xo


3 cheers for my 50th blog post! Woo! Woo! Woo! Hip hip! Hurray! Hip hip! Hurray! Hip hip! Hurray! Book Corner: a spider free and brightly lit corner for book lovers like me. There's more to this book than meets the eye (ie. more than one central plot, which keeps things interesting) and the protagonist is a fierce, arrogant assassin. 


Chosen as one of the 20ish assassins (all men, some thieves, some warriors, all extremely skilled) to be possibly granted her freedom, 18-year-old Celaena Sardothien, after working several long years as a slave in the salt mines of Endovier, embarks to compete in multiple tests where the last person not yet eliminated wins. Thrown into the plot mix with the Prince, whom Celaena is fighting in the competition on behalf of (chosen to be his "champion"), a few interesting females, and a murderous pattern of death appearing every so often, this book will have you gripped. 


It's nice to see a fiery, independent, striving-for-freedom young lady whose life doesn't revolve around love. And it's quite amusing, honestly, to read through her quips and one-liners as well as the intricacy of a castle's scandalous life. If you're worried, they don't spend too much time elaborating on the tests themselves, so it definitely isn't a remake of The Hunger Games, though I do wish we had more details on certain scenes. 

I'm also super, super, super excited to announce that my little blog was sent some awesome supplies from BIC to review, which would make it my first company collaboration. Not only are the pencils superb, they're very durable. I usually use a mechanical pencil with a separate eraser, and it lasts me weeks before I have to restock/replace it. Their permanent markers, which come in the cutest, most savvy colors are also very smooth and liquidy. This means you have to wait about twenty seconds for it to dry when applying on slick surfaces (calendars, backs of photographs), but the colors come out very nice and sleek. I've only tried the metallic colors, but I can't wait to get my hands on the regular! Their packs come very well stocked (extra erasers, led, multiple pencils) so I'd definitely say you're getting the most bang out of your buck. For a pencil and pens fanatic like me (I spend more time organizing my pencil pouch than I should. One time I cried because someone borrowed my pencil and never gave it back), and someone who loves good stationery, BIC's standards prove to be very well. And this permanent markerblue mechanical pencil, and blue pen match the cover of Throne of Glass. Need I say more?

All in all, this book is very enjoyable. There are actually 6 books in the series, the first 3 of which have been published! With all the hubbaloo this year, I'd thought this was a new series.The fourth book, Queen of Shadows, will be out in September this year. What are your thoughts? I'm always open to hearing what you think and it never fails to make my day to see a comment, tweet, or email. In other exciting news, I did my first guest post! I'm not a scholar in any form nor a perfect Muslim myself so it's simply a collection of love and advice for my fellow Muslim sisters. Don't worry, I'm open to all religions and races and will only be blogging about religious matters (at least once a month) over there. Happy reading, and here's to another 50 posts!


Try a new book. You'll never know which one you'll fall in love with or will change your life because- life is spontaneously splendid.

Aiman ox


Read more about my collaboration policies here. Thank you for supporting Life is Spontaneously Splendid.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi guys! I make sure to read each and every comment I receive- thank you for your love. x Aiman