Saturday, September 5, 2015

Chicago's Summer Scene

The city is a stunning place- mm, especially when it's probably one of the best cities in the USA, my hometown and home of wind, churros, a giant reflective bean and the prettiest of movie/book settings turned real life: Chicago, Illinois. You don't want to miss out on the GORGEOUS, lush greenery and beauty in this post. Hoping everyone's labor day and final weeks of summer have been grand!! Book recs, anyone? I'd love to get some. It's been a while. Let's blog, shall we?


Photography by: Rida Arif (pics of me) and myself (other pics)

Blouse: H&M // Pants: borrowed // Hijab: Unknown // Shoes: Carson Pririe Scott // Purse: Gucci // 

None of these pictures are edited...because let's be real: no one's got time to make sure they edit 11 pictures the same way. It's 12:52AM and it feels amazing knowing I get to sleep in tonight. School's back which means forever missing my sleep, putting off writing, and so. much. work. Between school. tennis, and being a hospital volunteer (because SO COOL and INFORMATIVE and I LOVE ANYTHING MEDICAL RELATED) life's a busy one, folks. Though you know where I stand: I love my leisure time, but if you have nothing to do all day, there's always more you can be doing. Especially while you can- think ahead. Don't leave room for future, endless regret.

ANYHOO, Chicago is such a dream! I love simply scrolling through these photos because it's my city that's the real beauty here. The bakery featured is Magnolia Bakery which I'd give maybe a 4/5. It was delicious and not overpriced by any means, but some of their cafe goods weren't so amazing that you'd need to pay as much as they charged. Their vanilla whipped cream frosting and red velvet cake was delicious so give it a try, but I'm sure I could've made something like that at home. It was a lovely, adorable pit stop. My family and I live an hour away from the city. It's our treat to swing by. I don't mind small towns, though. They allow me to imagine I'm a character in a book or movie in a super tiny town (still bigger than the one in Beautiful Creatures).  

It's officially 1AM right now and I'm going to slow down. Maybe journal some more tomorrow. I restarted my habit, putting off my happy jar a bit because of it, but I'm not sure if I'll continue it again. It feels like a really positive release. I might keep at it. It's all thanks to my sweet friend who gifted me it this past birthday. The cover is so pretty and simple, made of recycled newspapers and such. There are sixteen days left in summer, which means I have sixteen days left to finish re-reading Harry Potter! GAHHH. I must do it! Wish me luck, friends. (Side note: the hat has spoken. Hufflepuff, y'all. I'm in JK's fave house. Which is also the most neglected throughout the series. Huh.) You'll know when I am re-reading it from all m sappy, overemotional, heartfelt poems and captions and comments that will begin emerging from the depths of Harry Potterland (the one in my heart) like a scream you've been needing to let out.

Over the summer I got to spend some time with a few people I'd been dreading. I planned on cutting off ties with them, because I hated their company: it wasn't fun, and I stuck for no reason. But this summer...well this summer, right when I had been planning on moving on from them, I got to spend some time with them. And for whatever reason- maybe because I had changed, maybe because they had- it was fun. We laughed and joked around a lot, and I joined in on that. My comments were acknowledged. My thoughts considered. My worth given. And so always have an open heart when dealing with people you hate, people who hate you, people you don't want in your life anymore, people who you don't care one shred for. Life is spontaneously splendid. You won't ever know when someone will turn around and become a good person, or when your good doings will come back to you.

So do your part. Stay open, stay sweet, stay whatever you are. They will change eventually. When the time is right. And if they don't, at least you won't have changed yourself, either.

Happy final days of summer. Walk outside while you can. We are blessed. I miss the ball half the time in tennis, but at least I have the health and money to play. At least I can attend school. At least my parents support my education.

At least.

Life is spontaneously splendid.
Aiman Ghani

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi guys! I make sure to read each and every comment I receive- thank you for your love. x Aiman