Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Fairtytale Colours

As promised, here's my post! For more outfit details, a catch up of how it's been getting back into routine and out of my unmotivated state, "You don't need to wear designer to look good", my second Rocksbox unwrapping, books I've been reading, and what's so fantastic about seasonal things, keep scrolling! You deserve a quality post for my hiatus. Grab your chai tea latte and curl up. 


I've worn sweats and comfortable clothes more than 3/4 of this October, and there's absolutely no exaggeration there. I love sweats, honestly, even though dressing nice is fun, too. Don't let my posts mislead you. I'm anything but perfect. Or put together. But that's what makes me me, so I'm not complaining.
I'm starting here, with this blog post. At 9:24PM because I totally went back on my goal to be in bed by 10PM (at this rate I'll be in bed by 11 at the best) so I could actually have enough energy to function tomorrow...I'll try. There's still time for me to wrap everything up and try to be done by 10, at least. Get your sleep, dolls. Let your mind dream some.
SPOTTED: A SEEMINGLY INNOCENT BEE. IT COULD'VE BEEN SUICIDAL, THOUGH. YOU NEVER KNOW. (I've never been stung, and I'd like to keep it that way.)
Blouse: Charlotte Russe // Skirt: Rue21 // Bag: Kohls // Pink Stud Bracelet: Claires // Shades: Target // Shoes: American Eagle // Hijab: NU7 (via tidesofnoor.com) //

The double bar ring. Courtesy of the outfit I wore on EId AL-Adha, which is the second Eid of the year and a religious holiday celebrated globally by Muslims, followers of Islam. It's a lovely, fun holiday. You can look it up or email me for any answers you might be curious to have.
My Rocksbox code, spontaneouslyxsxoxo, is still valid for ONE MONTH OF FREE 3 PIECES OF RENTAL JEWELRY! Woo! You can get all the deets right here and I must say, my most recent box blew me away. I was more specific in my suggestions for my stylist in the style survey about what I wanted and got the most amazing and stunning two rings and ring-bracelet chain EVER. 

I have gotten so many compliments on the pieces and I truly don't want to give them up, ohmygosh. If you know what you want, say so in your style survey for the best results in your box (I'm a sucker for snail-mail). The ladies behind Rocksbox have been nothing but helpful and kind, and supporting small/growing businesses is the least I can do so I'd appreciate it if anyone gave them a chance. Even when I wear sweats I wear my double-bar ring (I KID YOU NOT. I HAVE BEEN REGULARLY WEARING A $40 RING WITH WALMART SWEATS.) because I want to make the most of the time I have with it. I could be talking about a beloved cat, I'm so attached to it. I'm not being paid to say this. I wouldn't change anything I said if I was, though. My code is all yours, friends!  
The bracelet-ring chain.

Your clothes don't need to be name brand to be hot. Pretty outfits come from anywhere. You just have to know how to make them. Thankfully, I'm getting back to writing, I've been reading loads lately (the entire Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick series; Soul Pancake by Rainn Wilson; Scarlet by A. C. Gaughen; and more, books I want to read and books I want to reread), I'm allowing some free time to relax everyday, and I'm doing what I can to make my happiness. Took me a few slow, stretched months, but I'm back on the grid again, and that's what counts! I'm proud of myself for getting back to my life-is-good stage. Or at least trying to. I'm trying, I promise you. I hope wherever you are, split by opposite sides of the moon or parted by the sea, you're trying, too.

It's definitely fall over here now, and I did it! This fall I've already made more progress than last year by going to a pumpkin patch. Now, reading and cleaning and journalling feel therapeutic. If there's any advice I could offer, it's take care of yourself! Do what you love. It's the least your beautiful bodies and souls deserve. Don't trap yourself.

I love seasonal things like autumn festivities or holiday events even though I hate the cold, and there's so many at local recreation/community centers, schools, bookshops, libraries, etc. Take advantage of them! Make the most of the season while it's here....unless you live in California or Florida or a different country altogether or etc. In that case, keep on summering on. I hope your bad phases are just that: phases. Because life isn't bad. We kid ourselves into believing it is too much.

A few weeks ago during an especially unproductive night, I got a notification on instagram that I won a FaceTime call with the sweetest person ever. Who imagines winning a call with someone famous? No one. I was blown away.

Life is spontaneously splendid. Always.
Aiman Ghani 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi guys! I make sure to read each and every comment I receive- thank you for your love. x Aiman